Food for Thought...
Monthly Recipe & More!
No carb protein pancakes
- 2 -3 egg whites (carton or large eggs)
- 1 scoop Protein powder (I prefer Magnum Quattro or Brawn protein powder 25-30 grams protein per scoop- baking grade protein is ideal) *vanilla, chocolate, cinnamon flavors come out best
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbls water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1-2 packets organic pyure stevia (optional)
- 1 tbls nut butter or if you need carb macros use lakato sugar-free maple syrup
1) Mix all the ingredients together in a blender or by hand. Mixture should be thick. Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray (you must spray your pan or they will stick). Cook for on low to medium heat, just like traditional panackaes flip when you notice 1 or 2 bubbles dimple in the pancake, flip and cook for a few more seconds. Serve warm, add a serving of nut butter or low carb/low sugar syrup something monk fruit or stevia based
*note: watch out for hidden sugars in nut butters, almond butter tends to be sold in the simplest form; they sell no sugar added peanut butter
recipe adapted from: Muscle & Fitness hers